Wednesday, November 01, 2006

My brain is running already

I always know when I'm obsessing about running when the dreams start. They always involve me being back in a race or hard work-out and being nervous since I haven't been running in a while (see previous posts about my injuries).

Then in the dream I find out Im actually in pretty good shape and do really well. These dreams also usually include my high-school and college teammates running with me. The last two nights were no different. First I was running a trail ultra-marathon (anything 30 miles and up) with high-school teammates and I dominated, winning the race. Then last night I dreamt I was in a really tough hill workout with h.s. teammates again.

I still have daily pain in the leg, but the physical therapist has me trying running a little. It doesn't seem to be the act of running that hurts, so that might be a good sign. I've been surprised to find how excited I am just to get to run 2 or 3 milers (when I've done more than 33).

It's true what they say..."you don't know what you've got until it's gone". I want to run so passionately I'm not even sure I could describe it...

No comments: