Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Progress

Added on 6/14...trying to see if I can get this to work from "Nike+"



I was thinking during my run today, just how thankful I am that I've been able to run consistently for 6 weeks now and how far I've come in that time.

Today I ran a "tempo run". For my friends who don't know what that is, it just means that for either a set distance or a set time you run a pre-determined pace that is faster than your normal training pace.

I warmed up for 2 miles, then ran a 2 mile tempo at 6-flat pace, then ran a 2 mile cooldown. A few years back and that would have been nothing I'd have been excited about. After the last 2 years of injuries though, this was a real nice step for me.

What's even better is, regardless of my times, I'm just so thankful to be running at all. Praise and thanks to God for His blessings!

No comments: