Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sweet Girl

I miss my original "baby girl" who was just starting to be my "old girl".

Unfortunately we didn't have a digital camera for the first 5 or so years of our time with her, but here are a few pics that make me remember her personality fondly.

You probably all know, but just in case, Sunny got terminal (and painful) cancer so we had to say goodbye to her. We got her about 3 weeks after we were married and she was 7 weeks old, so she's been part of our lives, our family, our marriage, for 8 and a half years.

For two sentimentally inclined people like Sarah and I this was a difficult parting, but we are so SO happy we have so many memories of the sweetest, most gentle dog I've ever known. It's also given Sarah and I a chance to share many wonderful memories with each other as we talk through our emotions. We've had a lot of great times together!

Love you Sunny girl...

















4 comments:

Peaby said...

What a sweet dog. We will miss her too. I'll always remember she was the reason we got a beagle...boy...she had us fooled. :-)

Becky said...

Precious Sunny- what a wonderful dog. We sure miss her, but glad we got to have her around for so long. Yes- Sunny was an exceptional beagle.

Brazenlilly said...

We all loved Sunny--even those of us for whom dog-love does not come naturally. You provided a happy home for her; I'm sure this was a tough, tough week. What a sweetie she was.

Steph said...

I have to say, she was most certainly one of the sweetest dogs I've ever known. I will miss her soft fur and those huge puppy dog eyes. I'm glad we all got to know and love her! She definitely had a happy home.