Sunday, November 23, 2008

Give Me Everything You've Got!

When I saw the Movie "Facing The Giants" a couple years ago I was touched by a powerful scene which produced a "goosebump" moment for me.

The whole scene is a metaphor for me about how God is by our side pushing us on, believing we can achieve what we don't even believe about ourselves. I can see Him by me in the tough moments in life, saying, "You can do it! I believe in you! Now give me everything you've got!"

Like all the best coaches, He won't accept my excuses and preconceptions about my own weaknesses. "You can do it!" He won't let me live by fear. "You can do it!" He won't let me settle to hide behind the wall of my comfort zone. "You can do it!"

He won't buy my lies about it being too hard. "Give me everything you've got!" He promises to support me when I grow weary. "Give me everything you've got!" He is my sustaining strength when I am overcome. "Give me everything you've got!" He leads me to places I didn't think were possible to reach. "Give me everything you've got!"

This is 6 minutes long, but if you're looking for inspiration...

1 comment:

Peaby said...

That's good stuff. Instead just giving toward the goal...giving till you've got nothing left to give.