Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Still no baby in real life, but he almost came in my dreams

Well, little baby-T still hasn't joined us. We are now officially at DD+1 (due date +1).

Last night I rolled over and looked at the clock and it said 4:02AM. I must have only half fallen asleep right after that, and had one of those half-dream, half-awake incrediby vivid dreams. The ones where you don't realize you're even dreaming until a few moments after you wake up.

In the dream I had fallen asleep just after 4AM with my hand on Sarah's stomach. All of a sudden her stomach poked out really far because she was having a huge contraction. Her stomach itself was contorting, which now that I'm awake seems obviously exaggerated.

Still in the dream, Sarah was saying "ow, ow, ow" through her teeth. My brain kicked into gear, and without thinking, I reminded her to focus on her breathing, and we started counting the breaths as I helped her unclinch her fists and relax her shoulders. I noticed that I was so tired that I couldn't open my eyes. I just kept counting her through her breaths with my eyes closed, and that's when I realized, I couldn't open my eyes because I was asleep and dreaming.

Back in reality, I rolled over and thought "nuts, he's not coming yet." I had been so excited to finally meet my little friend, my son. Just have to wait a little bit longer, but I know it will be more than worth the wait!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Guess it's not in your dreams anymore!!! YAH! I am awaiting the big call! Holy cow!

Jim said...

Ummm... dude, he was totally worth the wait, and you need to update your blog.