Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"Having a baby changes everything"

That's the tag line from some Johnson and Johnson commercials. It's so true.

This blog went from being focused on running with a few spiritual and personal thoughts from time to time and is now focused on all things baby with a few running recaps here and there.

To that end, last night, there was wild celebration in the Thompson house because (drum roll)...

Ethan peed in the potty! I'm sure this is "TMI" but every once in a while I show Ethan how Dada goes potty (I show him sitting down, because imagine the mess a 2 year old would make standing up!!) See I told you, "TMI".

Anyway, I didn't expect Ethan to do anything as he sat on his Elmo potty, so I said, "are you all done? Do you want a diaper?" He said no, so I waited a moment more, and then...I heard "tinkle, tinkle, tinkle". I was so excited!

We had a lot of celebration, and then the humorous realization that I am indeed a parent and what may have seemed ignoble before, was now a reason for major celebration.

3 comments:

Peaby said...

hey! that's great. We're thinking about starting Jack potty-training next week.

Steph said...

Yah, Ethan! Also, there is really no such thing as TMI as far as I'm concerned. :)

Brazenlilly said...

True, Steph has never met a TMI she didn't like. And that potty talk is just par for the course of toddlerhood. I read a blog recently where a mom was talking about teaching a boy when he had to stand up to pee and when he might need to sit down in case a poo was coming. So, you've got a ways to go with your TMI.