Saturday, February 16, 2008

What "Abigail" means to me

Sarah and I had such a hard time choosing names this time. We thought about Emma, Ava, Olivia, Nicole, Hannah and many others, but ultimately settled on "Abigail" / Abby in large part because it means "a father's joy".

Even before I met her, that was exactly how I felt about her; joyful. When I found out we were having a girl I had this overwhelming sense of completeness. I'm deeply in love with my wife, I have the most wonderful, sweet, fun son whose personality I love, and I have a beautiful daughter who I know will steal my heart.

I feel like the main character at the end of Facing the Giants when, in prayer, out of thankfullness for all God did for him, he says "God, I'm overwhelmed". My cup runneth over!!

1 comment:

Steph said...

It is a perfect name for a perfectly beautiful girl. Nice job! I love all the pictures and I hope you keep it up (though I will forgive some slacking what with no sleep and all...). She is absolutely precious and I just love her to pieces already!!

All I have to say about Isaac is that he has some major competition over here! :)