Friday, October 21, 2005

Soccer anyone?

Been having hard time coming up with blog material since I've been really busy at work lately.

Last weekend was pretty fun. Jim, Mike and I hung out at Jim's house for "stupid guy movie night". We laughed a lot and played goofy games like who can stand on their head the longest. I lost with about 3 seconds. Never have been able to do a handstand/headstand.

Trent came by with Carson, and we were like something out of a movie. 4 20-somethings and a little baby. He is the cutest little guy, and every time I see him I start daydreaming about the little boy who will be part of our family next February (he's kicking like a champ these days too!)

Jim, Mike, and I took turns dancing Carson around the room to keep him quiet, while Trent enjoyed a root beer and watching Carson hang out on guys night with his "uncles". I can't wait until we get to take him on more guy adventures (camping, hiking, more dumb movies, etc...)

After Trent left, Mike decided we were going to go play soccer in the dark and the rain. We had a pretty good time, but of course that leads me to the fact that it wasn't the best idea for me to be out late, running around, the night before a race. The next morning I got to my race 10 minutes before it started because I had misunderstood the start time. I raced horribly, but it was a good mental exercise in toughness and persistence.

This weekend we'll hang out with friends/family again for the 7th annual Thompson Harvest Party. It would be fun someday to own a little barn and make a big deal out of it. Dancing, bobbing for apples, hay rides, yadayada. It's the simple things in life that are so fun!

2 comments:

Roy B. said...

.... "stupid guy movie night..." Now is that the GUYS watching stupid MOVIES or... well, you see the other option, right?

Steph said...

I like bobbing for apples. That is how I lost my first tooth!

Also, I think you forgot to mention some other activities that occurred on the soccer field.