Friday, October 07, 2005

White fur wishes and long mile dreams

I can't think of much to write, yet I feel the need to blog since my friends will probably quit checking in if there's no new content.

So...I'm wearing a dark blue fleece today which is a bit of a faux-pas in my house. This is because we have a tri-colored beagle. Translation: White dog hair and dark fleece do not mix.

Well actually, they mix rather well, and that is the point. People at work today must think my body is somehow shedding little fuzzy white hairs. That or PETA is going to be all over me for wearing a Beagle-fur jacket. If you see a sad man walking home with red paint thrown on his blue fleece with a few white hairs on it, you know it's one of two things....Me after being assaulted by PETA, or a really misguided, patriotic soul (get it, red, white, and blue. You see what I did there was....)

Decided today I'm going to run a 50 mile race on November 6th. I probably actually decided this a long time ago, but finally had the guts to admit it to myself today. If I can run it in under 9 hrs I can qualify for the Western States 100. My mom thinks I'm nuts and may die...I assured her I won't die and that I've been researching how to train for this stuff. I can't convince her I'm not nuts though.

In the meantime I can't decide if I'm more excited for the race itself or for what fun it will be to have my family and friends there to support me and try to share their energy with me to help me finish.

More to come!

2 comments:

Jim said...

My energy will be all yours for about 2.5-3 miles. After that I will pass out from exhaustion. You go bad boy!

Peaby said...

Wow. Talk about animal...ish...like...nessy...ness.

My endurance is as a soggy piece of leather to your razor blade.