Thursday, September 15, 2005

Shhhhhh

A strange thing happened to me the other day...I logged into my blog and noticed I had a comment from a person with the user name "Shhhhhh".

It was such an odd and exhilerating feeling to know that some stranger out in the world had viewed my blog. (here is theirs... http://pagesfromtheuk.blogspot.com/)

I’m guessing from the reference Shhhhhh is from somewhere in England. Of course I bragged to Mike, saying a stranger had viewed and commented on my blog. I returned the favor and commented on Shhhhhh’s blog.

There’s something about the idea that any random person in the world might get some insight into who I am that is kind of exciting. I suppose that's just the human innate desire to be known and to know. It's probably also why I keep writing as though I were addressing a mass audience even though pretty much just my wife, my brother-in-law/friend, my mom and my other friend might read this. I figure at any moment several hundred people might discover this and think my writing is so fascinating that they must log in day after day to see what's happened to Eric today.

To blogging, and to the chance to cross paths with interesting strangers!

-ET

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And you're other friend's wife reads it, too. Or, your wife's friend...whichever works. =)