Tuesday, September 27, 2005

My Buddy

Well, I got blog-scooped (blooped?) by Jim, but as can be seen on his site, Sarah and I are having a boy!

I really was excited about having a boy or a girl, and had been dreaming about the joys either would bring (our beatiful girl who would make my heart hurt from loving her so much, or our funny boy who would make me laugh). As soon as the ultrasound technician pointed "it" out to us I started beaming! Instantly I pictured my little buddy.

Right away, the thoughts poured in...I'm going to show him how to skip rocks, and why it's fun to be in the woods. I'll wipe up his scrapes, and tell him to stop bringing frogs in the house. I pictured my little man learning how to honor his mother and how to treat girls. His first kiss, the time he blew milk out his nose from laughing so hard. Oh, and who will ever forget the time when he was 3 that he went poo in front of everyone at a wedding reception...Just dropped his drawers 'cause he had to go (ok that was me...you can ask my mom, it's one of her favorite stories)

We don't have the name anywhere near figured out, so we have to keep thinking on that one, but I can see him already when I close my eyes. He's got his mom's deep, beautiful, brown eyes, my cowlicky hair, her cute feet, and my fingers.

I won't see him for 20 more weeks and already I'm sappy beyond belief...

2 comments:

Steph said...

Would you be interested in acting out the poo story for us sometime? That would be awesome. We will all work really hard at teaching your little boy not to poo in public areas.

eets said...

Ok, I disavow the poo story. In fact, what poo story are you both referring to? Come to think of it, I have never pooed...ever. I just eat a carefully balanced diet.